Friday, July 22, 2011

Sadness turned Happiness...eventually

Lately, I've been noticing a lot of heartbreak/breakups in my circle of friends. It just saddens me to see the pain in their eyes. Constantly bombarded with lines from friends like "You are strong. You can get through this."...when really...for them...it's the hardest thing they are going through at this point in their lives. I know because I've been there.

This blog was and still is my sole outlet for expressing my thoughts and feelings, especially in times of despair. Sure, it's easy for me to say "get over it." but at the same time...as the infamous quote goes "Time heals all wounds."

My thoughts/suggestions/advice for my friends with broken hearts: Don't sit around in your dark room all day long curled up in your bed listening to sad love songs. Keep yourself active/busy, therefore keeping your mind busy. The gym is your best friend. The reason why? When u workout, your body releases a hormone, which in turn makes you happy (endorphins). Optimize this feeling.


With time, you will see how strong you REALLY are.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. Good Advice, I always found when breaking up with an ex, or even just dealing with sadness the best cure was to primp myself up, surround myself with great friends and live life!

    But also not to forget to be sad, being sad is a healthy part of grieving. But just to know it doesn't have to be alone :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome advice, Kimmy. Thank you! I felt so good getting out and doing some exercise... I'm so stoked to try out my new bike and get out of this funk. <3

    ReplyDelete