Thursday, March 25, 2010

Go Big or Go Home

Well I finished typing up the last blog around 2:30 am last night knowing full well I needed to get up for early morning cardio. I guess I am not Superwoman anymore as I once was because once the alarm went off at 8:45 am, I absolutely did not want to get out of my nice, warm comfy bed. Shortly after, I was awakened by the vibration of my cell phone only to hear the voice of my trainer shouting "wake up now."

No HIIT today because the weather was not permitting. Tomorrow, we shall attempt again. Instead, I did 20 minutes on the elliptical downstairs in my basement and let me tell you I was sweating like a pig...drip..drip..drip. Afterward, did some stretching exercises. I am quite a flexible person I have to say. I never knew I could stretch or go as far into a stretch as I did this morning. I am just surprised. I guess its true what they say sometimes..."mind over matter". Soon I'll be doing the splits. Just you wait and see. Tell you what, once I nailed the splits I will post up a picture of myself doing it. Interesting goal for myself...Yes indeed.

Had my breakfast of oatmeal and egg whites...yummy? Then decided to dust off the ol' memory box. Contents inside: old pictures, letter, certificates, concert paraphernalia, etc. What was once hard to do (looking at pictures with my previous ex) was a breeze for today. It really goes to show that time does heal all wounds. I remember WAY back when it first happened, I'd get advice from friends saying "these things take time." My response - "can't I fast forward?" And now, I've come to that point of where I wanted to be.

Did a workout at Shapes. Circuit weight training and cardio.....yes again!

Talked to Maria for a long while. I told her about my new routine and how my diet is so boring and sad. Lack of carbs = slight depression. She said "Kim, just eat what you want to eat. It won't hurt." I know there is true to that statement with her body and her goals but it's a no-go for me.

Strict diet, exercise and fat burner should give the results I want, which is 10lbs lighter. I did not even falter once today; one of the hardest things I've ever had to do...or should I say not do...haha. My dad even brought home some McDonalds. There is so much junk food here it is not even funny. Too many distraction in this house. I have to keep my eye on the prize. Every little thing counts. I now realize this is going to be one heck of a journey. *grrrrowl - oh that's just my stomach eating itself.

Picture day tomorrow morning but I won't post it up on here since I will be in my undies. Sorry guys...hehe.

*sigh Only 23 more days to go...ugh how I'm counting down and dredging the days ahead. I can do this. Easy. No problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment