Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Lather, Rinse & Repeat

Woke up and immediately drove myself to the YMCA Downtown. It was leg today (love it!) and I was super pumped. Did 4 exercises (lunges, squats, leg extension and flutterkicks on the ball). After I finished, I decided to do some core work as well. So I did another 4 exercises (pulsating leg raises, jack knives, crunch on cross-over, and ball pull-ins). On top of all that, I did interval training on the treadmill for 16 minutes. Did what I normally do after my workout, which is shower. I hate when the showers are busy. I was lathering myself up knowing full on that there were a couple of people staring. There is never a time when this doesn't happen. Just ask Sam...haha. He's got a great story. But it never fails. Err mind your own business. That all happened at 9 am in the morning.

Decided to head back to the gym in the evening around 7 pm. With that, I had to "clean" my clothes aka using my trusty friend in a bottle..."Febreeze" lol. A little spritz here and little spritz there. Done! I know I'm sick. I don't care what you think lol. I was thinking I'd go back just for some light cardio...or so I thought. This is what happens in Kimmy's brain: I get to the gym thinking "yes, I am here to ONLY do cardio...that's it" but what ends up happening is this "...but I'm itching to pick up some weights like everyone else. What to do? What to do?" . I did do cardio around the track at first. But what DID I do? I'm sure you guessed it already. Yep...I picked up some iron. I couldn't help it. Sorry body. Waited around for a friend, who was supposed to show up for a practice but I left the weight area. He was taking too darn long. You know who you are. Sorry buddy. Again, I showered. And again, the starers were there. Ahh leave me alone lol.

After all that, I got to use my culinary skills in the kitchen and made Vegetable Curry with Squash with Sam. I haven't done this in such a long time. The whole process of making something from scratch: washing and cutting each veggie...again and again and again. I miss this. Mind you, we went a little overboard on the veggies but that's okay. Veggies are good for you anyways. Click the link for the recipe. Vegetable Curry with Squash Yum!!! It was super tasty and spicy. I heart ALL curry dishes as a matter of fact.

I also did a homemade salad dressing for the salad. It was in a 2007 issue of "Prevention Magazine" but I had made a dressing from scratch years ago that was somewhat similar to this.

Here it is with my little additions:

2 tbsp EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp white vinegar
1 tbsp green onions
1 tsp sugar (I used Stevia of course)
1 tsp of minced garlic
1/2 tsp salt (I used No Salt Salt Substitute)
1/2 tsp black pepper

Pull all those ingredients in a small leak-proof container and shake-shake-shake-shake it baby.
Pour over your salad and PRESTO, you've got yourself an amazing dressing.

It's so nice and so very healthy...the way it should always be!!!

2 comments:

  1. hey!! are you two able to eat something like a bisque??

    i made a creamy carrot bisque but i know you guys are on a super strict diet...so substitutes for the butter and salt maybe needed...but man it sure is tastey!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum sounds delicious lesley. i'll have to look it up.

    ReplyDelete