Monday, August 9, 2010

Straighten Out...Geez

Today was leg day. It has absolutely got to be one of my favourite days because I gotta say I'm becoming a fan of my own legs...haha. The definition is finally coming in. I can vaguely see the separation of the Quads, as well as lines I've never seen before in my life. It's such a neat thing...to see yourself in the mirror and say "Hey You. That looks new." Guaranteed to put a smile on anyone's face. That sense of accomplishment is definitely there.

But with that being said, I made a tiny mistake during my wide stance dumbbell squats. I was locking my knees occasionally when I came up to straighten my legs from the squat. Big no-no Kimbo! You never really want to lock any of your joints when doing exercise. You could injury yourself. Luckily, as of now, I'm not feeling any pain. Stay tuned though. That soon may change.

One of the things I have been working on for the last 3 months is keeping my posture straight. It is something that everyone should encompass. You can also do exercises that focus on the upper back and shoulders to build & strengthen muscles. It definitely makes a huge difference compared to a person with bad posture. Someone who actually is 140lbs could easily be mistaken for 150lbs...just by bad posture alone. You will look more confident and self-assured. Everyone wants to portray that....I'm sure.

So practice this for your homework folks (even when working out): pull them shoulders back, elongate the neck, stick that chest out and pull that tummy in.

No comments:

Post a Comment